- Are you one of those people—almost everyone—for whom public speaking is your No. 1 fear? Learn to overcome your apprehensions about oratory by joining the Orbiters Toastmasters during its at the (South Rengstorff Avenue and Central Expressway) from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday. Toastmasters is meant for those interested in self improvement through communication and meets on the first and third Thursday of each month. Call 408-623-3543 for more information.
- Oenophiles (lovers of wine) need to mark Saturday on their calendars for event at the (400 Villa St.). From 2-5 p.m., sommelier Ken Knox will host a wine tasting that compares Italian wines from the regions of Piedmont and Tuscany. Tickets are $19.22 in advance at artisanwinedepot.com, and $24.71 at the door.
- Tense with stress? Breath a sigh of relief as help has arrived in the form of the seminar to be held Monday from 7-9 p.m., at , 3535 Truman Ave. The public is invited to attend this free class hosted by the Los Altos Mountain View Parent Teacher Association during which Fred Luskin, Ph.D., will offer insights on staying stress free.
- MV teens may want to check out the at the , South Rengstorff Avenue and Central Expressway) on Monday from 4:30-6 p.m. Made up of middle school and high school students representing Mountain View teens in local government, YAC was formed to “increase the level of civic engagement of youth” and provides the committee with an opportunity to work directly with the Council Youth Services Committee as well as advising the city’s adults concerning teen issues.
- Civic-minded citizens will want to reserve Wednesday for attending the at the , 266 Escuela Ave., at 7 p.m. For more information, contact the city at 650-903-6331.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something