Check out what's happening in and around Mountain View during the next couple of days, and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
Around Mountain View:
- Love to sip on the bubbly? Well, you'll love 's "Tasting of France's Prestigious House of Bollinger: The Standard of Champagne," on Friday, 4-7 p.m. Early-bird ticket price: $19.40 (pricing ends by 2 p.m. Friday); regular price: $24.94 (if space permits). Five dollars of the tasting fee will be credited toward a purchase of a bottle.
- Enjoy vibrant melodies with mesmerizing lyrics sung by the gorgeous Pepa to the fine tunes of Mucho AXE band leader Edgar from Argentina. Bossa Nova, Latin, Tango and more classics for your enjoyment at at 873 Castro St. at 7 p.m.
- Saturday evening, head to Red Rock Coffee and sit back, relax and take in the soulful indie-jazz sounds of San Diego band Dogcatcher. Show starts at 8 p.m.
In the Peninsula and South Bay:
- Gilroy: Saturday to Monday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (BBQ: noon to 2 p.m.)
Cost: $29.99-$44.99 park admission
- Milpitas: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Cost: Free admission, food and other items may be purchased at festival.
- Millbrae: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: Food and drink can be purchased at event
- San Jose: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost: Food and drinks can be purchased at event.