Check out what's happening in and around the city during the next couple of days and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
Your Trash, My Treasure
- Why: The City of Mountain View invites residents to swing by and hunt for goodies at it's annual yard sale.
- When: Saturday, May 12 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Price: Free
Hungry for some Pear Slices?
- What: The continues its tenth season with "Pear Slices 2012," a presentation of nine original short plays all written by members of the Pear Playwrights Guild.
- Why: This year the audience can expect a mix of comedy, drama, and farce from the following selected plays: "The Infinite Book," by Earl T. Roske; "Mountain Olympus" by Ross Peter Nelson; "Toppers," by Douglas Rees; "Pine and Oak," by Leah Halper; "The Lawyer Zone," and "Do Us Part," by Paul Braverman; "Vanishing Borders," by Elyce Melmon; "No Dogs Go to Heaven," by Bridgette Portman; and "Be Careful What You Wish For," by Beverly Altschuler.
- Where: 1220 Pear Avenue, Unit K, Mountain View 94043
- When: May 11 to June 3, 2012
- Price: $15-$30 with savings available for students and seniors. For information call 650-254-1148.
Live Life in Technicolor
- What: performance of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
- Why: The great youth cast of PYT takes on the timeless musical where Joseph and his special coat, after being sold into slavery in Egypt by his brothers, uses his gifts of dream interpretation to win over the Pharoah.
- When: Saturday, May 12 until Sunday, May 20
- Price: Adults $20; Seniors and Children 12 & Under: $16; Weekday shows: $10. Groups of 10 or more $7 per ticket.
Walk and Talk Like a Bird
- What: South Bay Bird Fest Saturday
- Why: The kids will enjoy the face painting, games, crafts, guided bird walks and a live bird show at this year’s family-friendly South Bay Bird Fest at the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge. Visitors to the refuge’s Environmental Education Center will have a chance to get up close and personal with live refuge birds and their habitats, and learn how they can help their feathered friends. Alaska nature author Debbie S. Miller will also give a presentation at 12:15 p.m.
- When: Saturday, May 12 from 12-3 p.m.
- Where: Alviso, CA; For directions to the refuge's Environmental Education Center in Alviso, go to: http://www.fws.gov/desfbay/directions.htm
- Price: Free, no reservations necessary. For more information call 408-262-5513, x102
I LOVE YOU MOM
- What: Mother's Day Brunch
- Why: Take your mother out to eat because she's 50 percent of the reason you are here and 100 percent of the reason why you made it this far.
- Where: Several restaurants in Mountain View are always good options including Los Charros, 191, Don Giovanni, Morocco's, Cascal and The Menu, among others.
- When: Sunday, May 13
- Price: Varies