A Christmas ballet classic. But don't bring peanuts.
- Watch Western Ballet as they march across mainstage of the Mountain View Center for the Performing Art for this holiday's performance of The Nutcracker. This weekend! Friday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1 and 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 4 at 1 and 6:30 p.m. Price: $30 adults; $27 seniors/students; $25 children (12 & under). Call 650-903-6000 or order tickets on-line.
The Best Movie(s) in the history of the world?
- Probably, probably not. But thanks to the KFJC Psychotronix Film Festival this Saturday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. you can indulge in psychodelic horror, science fiction and fantasy short films at Foothill College, room 5015. Expect trailers, commercials, threatre ads, cartoons, musical comedy, soundies and even puppets! Donation of $5, $2 for parking. No food allowed.
Join in the singing and tree lighting!
- The City of Mountain View invites the community to gather for the annual tree lighting celebration with live holiday music, refreshments and of course Santa Claus! Everyone's invited to donate a can of food to the Community Services Agency's Giving Tree. Don't forget your camera! This Monday, Dec. 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Civic Center.
Holiday Open House
- Rengstorff House will be open this Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 7 to 9 p.m. for caroling, piano playing, holiday treats and hot cider. The house will be decorated in authentic Victorian style and vintage ornaments will be on sale. Located at 3070 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View. Free. For information call 650-903-6392.
Want to Learn How to Read the Future?
- Stop by East West Bookstore and come with a lot of questions because Sue Wilhite, master voyager tarot consultant and author of the bestseller 21 Templates that Run Your World, will explore and help you understand the secrets of Tarot card reading. Free, Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 7:30 p.m. Space limited. For reservations call 650-988-9800.
Who's a Good Man? Charlie Brown!
- A timeless classic about our indelible human spirit and the most optimist of people, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, opens Friday, Dec. 2 and will be performed at The Retro Dome, 1694 Saratoga Ave., San Jose until Dec. 18. Reserved seating $38.50-$26.50 Senior, Military, Child, and Group discounts available