Close to home, there is jazz, a fashion show, a gala, trip planning and children's theatre. So check out what's happening in and around Mountain View this weekend, and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
- Get in to the swing of things with Friday and Saturday nights, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at , 108 Castro St. Vaso Azzurro Ristorante features delicious Northern Italian cuisine, linen tablecloths, and fine music on the weekends. For more information or to reserve a table, call the restaurant at 650-940-1717.
- The presents a travel series on Australia with guest speaker Maureen Jones on March 26 at 1 p.m. Jones will discuss the details of planning the perfect trip to Australia. This informative program is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Candace Bowers, Program Librarian, at 650-903-6877 or by email at Candace.email@example.com.
- Join Quota International of Mountain View/Los Altos on March 26 for the . The show will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Michaels, located at 2960 N. Shoreline Blvd. Tickets are $40. Please RSVP to Vi Sullivan at 408-744-1474 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Quota International visit the Los Altos Chamber of Commerce website.
- On March 26 head to the , the ' annual fundraising gala. This event will honor the Morgan Family Foundation as well as give special recognition to retiring Mountain View City Manager Kevin Duggan. All proceeds benefit CSMA's financial aid and education programs to further the mission of Arts for All. Sponsorships available; see website for details. Event is at the Sharon Heights Golf and Country Club, 2900 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Call 650-917-6800, ext. 334, for more details or to purchase your tickets ($275 per person).
- Peninsula Youth Theatre Stories on Stage presents “Rikki Tikki Tavi” at the , March 25 at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., and March 26 at 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. In this short story from Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book, the title character, a brave mongoose, stands up to Nag, the big, black cobra. For tickets (Friday, $8; Saturday, $10), call 650-903-6000 or order online.
- Jenny Blake, a longtime "Googler" and author of "Life After College" is having a book-release party at ., Saturday, Mar. 26 at 5 p.m. with an afterparty at Lounge down the street.