Check out what's happening in and around the city during the next couple of days, and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
- "" Head to Castro Street from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and enjoy a car-free pedestrian experience. Stop by the different exhibitor tables and learn what's going on around town. This Thursday the kids from Peninsula Youth Theatre's "Bye Bye Birdie" teen cast will be around too in their outfits!
- Test your smarts this and every Thursday evening at The Sports Page. The roomy bar famous for its volleyball court, is fun for all. Come with friend or come alone but make sure you study up! The prize? Bragging rights!
- Feel like dancing? Every Friday night, the Cheryl Burke Dance studio turns into a nightclub from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Whether you regularly take lessons at the studio or not, dancing salsa and other Latin style in a ballroom setting will sweep you off your feet. Admissions: $12; $10 after 11 p.m.
- Stop by the Community School for Music and Art and visit the current exhibits on display. Alexis Grant's oil paintings in represent the idea of spaces until July 31; and the vehicles that take us through them and until Aug. 11.
- Enjoy some great live music at Red Rock Cafe these next couple of days. First up out of Burlingame, One Werd will drop some knowledge with his intensive Hip Hop on Friday, July 22 at 8 p.m. and on Saturday, July 23 listen to the soft melodic rock sounds of Eddie Cohn who will visit Mountain View from Los Angeles. Last, but certainly not least, every Monday night is Open Mic night. So stop and perform or just enjoy the show.