Check out what's happening in and around the city during the next couple of days, and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
- As you stroll on Castro Street today, Thursday, July 28 stop by Books Inc. at 7 p.m. and listen to graphic novel authors Christopher Moore and Ian Corson who wrote The Griff, a funny novel about an alien invasion and the humans trying to save the Earth. Price: Free.
- Don't want to drive to Napa? Stop by Artisan Wine Depot, at 400 Villa St. this Saturday, July 30 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. for a tasting of an "elite and very limited" collection from wine country this year. Space is limited. Tickets $24.02 at the door, early bird special save $4.
- Satiate your love of ballet this Saturday, July 30 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with , former soloist at San Francisco Ballet and current director of Western Ballet in Mountain View. Event at Western Ballet on 914 N. Rengstorff Ave. Price: $35 pre-sale, $40 at the door.
- For Red Rock's Open Mic Night from 7 to 10 p.m. on Monday, August 1, come listen to Chloe Fuller one of the night's featured artists. The Palo Alto acoustic guitarist and folk vocalist. It's a mellow sound for a mellow start to the week.
- One of the city's newest restaurants, Morroco's at 873 Castro St., . Every Monday, they'll have Blues music, Tuesdays is Flamenco night, on Wednesdays a belly dancer will entertain guests and Thursdays, stop by for wine tastings. All events start at 5 p.m.