- What: Catch the last weekend of Intimate Apparel a prize-winning play inspired by playwright Lynn Nottage’s grandmother, an African-American seamstress who, stitch by stitch, silk by lace, patiently sewed her way out of grinding poverty. A haunting portrayal of American urban life set at the same time as Chekhov’s masterpiece, but at the other end of the social scale.
- Where: Pear Avenue Theatre, 1220 Pear Avenue
- When: Friday, Jan. 25 at 8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.
- Price: $25 general/$20 students and seniors; Sunday: $20 general/$15 student and seniors
'Somewhere,' here on the West Side (Story)
- Who: Tony Award-winning actress Priscilla Lopez of A Night in the Ukraine (Tony Award, Best Featured Actress) and In the Heights (Best Musical 2008) and New York City Ballet principal dancer Michael Rosen featured as "Chino" in the 2009 Broadway Revival of West Side Story, and who was a principal dancer in Peter Martin’s The Sleeping Beauty, George Balanchine’s Harlequinade, and the Jerome Robbins Celebration at New York City Ballet.
- What: Somewhere, a new TheatreWorks production, about a Puerto Rican family of artists in New York who hope to follow their dreams, but doubt gets in the way.
- Where: Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts
- When: Wednesday, Jan. 16 until Sunday, Feb. 10.
- Price: For tickets ($23-$73) and information the public may call (650) 463-1960 or visit www.theatreworks.org.
- Who: Rabbit Quinn
- What: The Saratoga singer/songwriter started piano lessons at the age of six and grew up in a culturally diverse household. She attended UCDavis for Composition/Theory and Piano Performance, she then moved to San Francisco. Now Rabbit Quinn returns to Red Rock. She has a debut album "Lost Children," to be released in 2013.
- Where: Red Rock Coffee
- When: Friday, Jan. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Price: Free
Help Plant a Tree
- What: Help plant trees to replace over-mature walnut trees between the Senior Center and the Child Care Center. Children can participate if accompanied by an adult. Wear your gardening clothes!
- Where: Mountain View Senior Center
- When: Jan. 26, 2013 at 10 a.m.
- Price: Free
- What:Dance Party, ballroom style, featuring West Coast Swing and Hustle.
- Where: Cheryl Burke Dance Studio
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013 from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m.
- Price: $12, $10 after 10 p.m.
Don't miss a thing in Mountain View!