Check out what's happening in and around the city during the next couple of days and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
(1) On this July 4th weekend, how about a little bit of Americana with the classic masterpiece a Raisin in the Sun. Head to and catch Lorraine Hansberry's work about an African-American family who wants a part of the American Dream: a home of their own. On until Sunday, July 10; most performance 8 p.m. except to for 2 p.m. matinees on Sundays. Call 650-254-1148 for ticket information.
(2) Fontain’s M.U.S.E. performance at Morocco's Restaurant, 873 Castro St., on July 1 features world-beat music. This free show begins at 9 p.m. For more information, call Sham Essadki at 650-968-1502 or email email@example.com or visit www.moroccosrestaurant.com.
(3) Learn to live a more fruitful life through the interactive talk 'The Yoga of Productivity” on July 1 at the East West Bookstore, 324 Castro St., about finding focus, motivation and peace in work. July 1, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Free. For more information, call Chris Edgar at 650-988-9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.InnerProductivity.com.
(4) Head to the , 230 San Antonio Cir., through July 30 for ,” an exhibit by artist and and CSMA faculty member, Alexis Grant. This free exhibit is being shown in the Mohr Gallery. For more information, call 650-917-6800, ext.306, email email@example.com, or visit arts4all.org/attend.
(5) For a memorable holiday, check out the Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular with the San Francisco Symphony at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. The evening will begin at 8 p.m. with a a performance by the world renowned symphony followed by a dazzling fireworks display set to patriotic songs and marches.
(6) Mountain View’s oldest dwelling, Rengstorff House (3070 N. Shoreline Blvd.), invites the public to attend "TeaDimensionalArt," an exhibition by Mary Pagón. This free show runs through July 27, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call Kristina Rockhold at 650-903-6073, email Kristina.Rockhold@mountainview.gov, or visit the Rengstorff House website.