Check out what's happening in and around the city during the next couple of days and don't forget to add your own suggestions in the comments section below.
- The public is invited to meet with Champion Dancer Cheryl Burke at her Mountain View studio (1400 N Shoreline Blvd.) on July 8 for the first session. Ms. Burke will sign copies of book Dancing Lessons, offer photo opportunities and teach an East Coast Swing Class. To participate in this informal Q&A, dancers and fans are asked to send their name, the name(s) of any guests, and include any questions in an e-mail to at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Adult Oenophiles (lovers of wine) need to mark July 8 on their calendars for at the (400 Villa St.). From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., experience this walk-around tasting event with special guest John Bates. Five dollars of the tasting fee will be credited back towards a purchase of any of the tasting wines. For more information, visit the , phone 650-969-3511, or email email@example.com.
- Visit the law offices of (801 California St.) on July 8 for , the first in a series of free films about how creative planners around the world are reinventing cities & towns to be more livable and sustainable. Showing from 7 pm to 9pm, this film explores how our nation’s towns have been in steady decline and what people can do to revive them.
- (201 Castro St.) promises an “ that will mix dust ballad folk with hard driving acoustic rock while uniting two old friends together on a bill” on July 8, 8 pm to 10:30 pm. The evening will feature artists Brad Sanzenbacher and Adrian Krygowski. This is an all-ages show with no covet charge. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook site.
- On July 9, the City of Mountain View Performing Arts Committee & Bay Area Elite Dance Company present their “Ballroom on the Runway” Benefit Concert for MVCPA's 20th Anniversary. The pre-show begins at 2:30 pm with main event starting at 3 pm. A reception will immediately following the show. Experience a night of glamour and entertainment with Regional CA State and Western US Champion Amateur Adult Ballroom and Latin Formation Team—the Bay Area Elite. The cast of championship ballroom dancers will perform multiple routines including various forms of Ballroom, Latin, Social and Theatrical dancing. After the show, "Meet and Greet the Elite" featuring the Elite Dancers, costume designer Kim Reeves, and the Elite coach and director Desireé Fox. All proceeds will be donated to the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts and the City of Mountain View Performing Arts Committee. Ticket prices are, depending upon section, $33 or $23 for adults and $18 or $13 for children (12 and under). Ticket prices include a $3 Facility Use Fee. Call 650-903-6000 or Order Tickets ON-LINE.