Or for those working parents, you no longer have to plan for morning, afternoon or even sleep-a-way camps to keep the kids busy.
But sprinkled throughout the school year are "no school" and "minimum days" that everyone has to plan for.
Here's the list of such days for the Mountain View Whisman School District.
- September 20: Staff Development Day—No school for students
- October 7 to October 11: K-5 Parent/Teacher Conferences—Minimum days all week
- October 14 to October 18: 6-8 Parent Conferences—Minimum days all week
- November 11: Veteran's Day—No school!
- November 27, 28 and 29: Thanksgiving break—No school!
- December 20 to January 7: Winter break—No school! (Note: Monday, Jan. 6 is a staff development day.)