More than 100 people attended the annual member mixer hosted by in Sunnyvale on July 11.
The event celebrated another successful year of networking, promoting the community and advocacy for their approximately members, according to CEO Oscar Garcia. Among the achievements of the 2011-12 year, Garcia shared that the Chamber actually put money back into its reserves, funds that in harder economic times they had dipped into.
This past year the Chamber also held its first-ever social media conference and became more active in policy advocacy, in particular with the plastic ban issue and housing in North Bayshore.
"This past year was not just being active, but about being proactive," he said.
Some of the proactive steps taken by the Chamber with its members include bringing onboard to provide mobile payment support during the 2012 Art & Wine Festival and Google's interest in looking at local businesses first when procuring goods and services from vendors.
But in addition to the celebration of the past, the Chamber began to look toward the future particularly with the installation of its 2012-13 Officers and Board of Directors.
The Board Chairwoman, Sherri Sager of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital challenged herself, the new board and all the members to become the best chamber in the state.
"I want chambers in other cities, even the Los Angeles Chamber and the San Diego Chamber, to look at Mountain View as a partner," she said.
2012 – 2013 Officers & Board of Directors are:
- Sherri Sager, chair of the board, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- David Joud, immediate past chair, Dynamic Strategic Alignment
- Ken Rosenberg, chair-elect, Morgan Stanley
- Joe Isaacs, treasurer, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Carolyn Hopkins-Vasquez, vice chair programs, Tied House Microbrewery and Cafe Hermitage Brewing Company
Board (* denotes the new officers)
- Matt Butler, Xceed Financial Credit Union*
- Lisa Marie Carlson, Microsoft
- Kim Copher, Coldwell Banker*
- Cecile Currier, El Camino Hospital*
- Lonnie Gary, Young, Craig + Co, LLP*
- Sheeva J. Ghassemi-Vanni, Fenwick & West
- Craig Goldman, Mountain View Whisman School District*
- Cynthia Greaves, Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Barry Groves, MVLAHS District
- Young Han, GoVoluntr*
- John Igoe, Google, Inc.
- Dr. Judy Miner, Foothill College*
- Tom Myer, Community Services Agency*
- Jeff Weinberg, JW Catering
The outgoing Board Members included:
- Rick Callendar, Santa Clara Valley Water District (2006-2012)
- Doreen Deniz, California Bank & Trust (2005-2012)
- Paul Kraus, Goodco Press (2006-2012)
- Jerylann Mateo, Alain Pinel Realtors (2006-2012)
- Rocky Tilney, Studio 22 Design (2005-2012)