We've all been there. Received something for Christmas that we didn't like.
But it's possible to still come away with something you want that is, if you follow the return policies.
Most major retailers require that consumers wishing to return have the following:
- Receipt (preferred method, but some allow "non-receipted" returns)
With these items on hand, here are some local retailers return policies:
Target, 555 Showers Drive
- "Most unopened items in new condition returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy. Those items will show either a "return by”"or "return within" day range under the item on your receipt or packing slip and in the "Item details, shipping" tab if purchased on Target.com. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a packing slip or receipt may be denied a refund or exchange. All bundled items must be returned with all components for a refund. Some items, such as gift cards, are never returnable."
- These are the exceptions.
Walmart, 600 Showers Drive, Mountain View, CA 94040
- "Items purchased on Walmart.com may be returned either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving them. (This only applies to items sold and shipped by Walmart.com. It does not apply to Marketplace items. For items sold by a Marketplace Retailer, contact the retailer directly.)
- Items purchased at a Walmart store can be refunded with a receipt or exchanged within 90 days of purchase."
- There's information on the return of gift cards and non-receipted returns online.
Kohl's, 350 Shower's Drive, Mountain View, CA 94040
- "Return any item, anytime, for any reason. Have your receipt? You'll get a full refund or even exchange. No receipt? No problem. We'll give you a refund, an exchange or Merchandise Credit."
- Allows a gift receipt return and other customer-friendly options.
Costco, 1000 N. Rengstorff Ave., Mountain View, CA 94043
- "We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."
- They have specific instructions on how to return freight items.
REI, 2450 Charleston Rd., Mountain View, CA 94043
- "We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your REI purchase doesn't meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. What's more, if you're an REI member, you don’t even need a receipt—we'll have a record of your purchase."
- In-store used gear sales are final and other details.
Don't miss a thing in Mountain View!