Updated with correction at 9 a.m.
Only a few hours remain in 2012. Do you know where you'll be at midnight?
Mountain View Patch has put together the following list of bars, restaurants and clubs around town that will celebrate with New Year's Eve parties. Just leave your car at home and walk or cab it to these hot spots to ring in the New Year!
- Burn off the dinner calories and consider dancing your way into 2013 at Alberto's nightclub. Located at 736 W. Dana St., Alberto's will offer free salsa dance lessons from 7:30-10 p.m. Champagne toast at midnight and party favors. Call for ticket prices: 650-968-3007.
Cheryl Burke Dance
- Why not dance your way into 2013? Stop by the dance studio starting at 8 p.m. for group classes with instructors and stay for the dance party unti 1 a.m. Ticket price on the day of the event or at the door: $25. Dress to impress: semi-formal/black tie optional. Call for more information: 650-864-9150.
- Rock the night away with The Dave Abbott Band starting at 9:30 a.m. and be entered to win a trip to Hawaii. No cover. Located at 2135 Old Middlefield Way, 650-965-1162.
- Tucked away at 236 Castro St., Merv's Lounge, a dive bar, is open on New Year's Eve, and reviewers on Yelp tout the "great prices, great service and great people." One reviewer said he comes every year. For more information call, 650-938-2968.
- Have a champagne toast and dance to DJ. Regular drinks menu. $10 cover starting at 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.; 241 Castro St, 650-961-0108;
- New Year’s Eve Party with balloon drop, complimentary champagne toast, music, dancing for $20 admission. Music will include Top 40’s, pop, rock, hip-hop, regaton, salsa, bachata, meringue, and live Mexican band music, from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. At 228 Castro St., 650-988-1500.
- Celebrate New Year's Eve Mediterranean style with a five-course meal for $55 starting at 8 p.m. with belly dancing, a magician and live jazz music and/or five-small plates for $30. Limited seating so RSVP highly recommended. 873 Castro St., 650-968-1502.
St. Stephen's Green
- Listen to DJ Tony spin us into a New Year at this Castro Street favorite. Free party favors and countdown to midnight. 223 Castro St, 650-964-9151.
Have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve!
Correction: The article erroneously included Savvy Cellar as a destination for New Year's Eve. This year Savvy Cellar is closed for a private party.