It's a party on wheels and it's rolling to a neighborhood near you.
The Mountain View Police Department advices residents and visitors to beware of heavy traffic as several hundred to several thousand bicyclists with San Jose Bike Party travel through the city on Friday between 8 p.m. and midnight.
Their current route could be the following:
- Westbound from Sunnyvale on El Camino Real toward Mountain View
- Right onto northbound on Calderon Street to Villa Street
- Left and westbound on Villa Street to Castro Street
- Left and southbound to California Street then right westbound toward Rengstorff Avenue
- Right onto Rengstorff Avenue and north toward Leghorn Street.
- They will turn into the Rengstorff Shopping Center
- Right on Leghorn Street toward San Antonio Road
- South on San Antonio Road then right onto Middlefield Road and Palo Alto.
A map is included if you are either participating in the event, or want to know what areas to avoid, click here.
Needless to say, that drivers and pedestrians will need to have some patience.
The San Jose Bike Party will travel through the cities of Sunnyvale, Mountain View and Palo Alto before turning around on the Stanford University campus.
This group conducts monthly rides in Santa Clara County, and comes through Palo Alto once or twice a year.
On Saturday, August 17th Shoreline Amphitheatre hosts Wild 94.9′s Comedy Jam 2013. The event itself doesn’t start until 7 p.m., but expect traffic to get backed-up in the early afternoon.
The MVPD reminds everyone that the consumption of alcoholic beverages in parking lots and any public areas is prohibited.
There will also be added police patrols this weekend looking for DUIs.