Written by Bea KarnesThe US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced Thursday that Chobani has voluntarily recalled its Greek Yogurt after receiving reports of people getting sick after eating the product. The cause of the illnesses has been traced to mold.
There are also reports of the yogurt containers bloating, swelling and exploding.
Here are the recalled yogurts:
- Chobani 6 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani 16 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 32 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Bite™ 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Flip™ 5.3 oz. containers – all flavors
- Chobani Champions® cups 3.5 oz. – all flavors
- Chobani Champions® tubes 2.25 oz., 8, 16 and 36 count – all flavors
Here are the dates and codes for the recall:
- Best Buy Dates between Sept. 11 and Oct. 13
- IMS Number 16-012 (three digit line number)
For a complete list of UPC codes for the recalled products, check this document.
If you purchased the recalled yogurt, throw it away. Contact the Chobani's Customer Loyalty Team online or call 877-847-6181 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. PT.