If you plan to travel on public transportation this Thanksgiving Day, be mindful of the holiday schedule of Peninsula and South Bay transportation systems:
- Caltrain will operate on a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day this Thursday Nov. 24 and on a Saturday schedule Friday.
- This means 32 trains between San Francisco and San Jose, including the shuttle to Tamien Station. There will be no transportation to Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
- On Friday, Caltrain will run 36 trains between San Francisco and San Jose. The schedule will include Weekend Bullet Express trains in the morning and early evening.
- Call the Customer Service Center at 800-660-4287 and TTY 650-508-6448 or check www.caltrain.com for more information.
- SamTrans will operate on a holiday schedule Thanksgiving Day, Thursday Nov. 24, which means service only on routes: 14, 17, 38, 110, 112, 120, 121, 122, 130, 140, 250, 280, 281, 292, 296, 297, 390, 397 and KX. No other SamTrans routes will operate.
- On the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, Nov. 25, SamTrans will operate regular non-school day service.
- Call SamTrans Customer Service at 1-800-660-4287 and TTY 650-508-6448 or visit www.samtrans.com for more information.
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 24 and on a modified weekday schedule on Friday, Nov. 25.
- No service on Thursday for Express bus/light rail, Limited stop or Route 522, Light rail shuttles, ACE Train/shuttles and Dumbarton Express.
- Regular schedule on Friday for Express bus/light rail, Limited stop or Route 522 and Dumbarton Express
- Highway 17, Montery-San Jose Express on Sunday schedule
- Between 4 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, buses VTA Bus Lines 22, 23, 63, 64, 66, 68, 72, 73, 82, 181 will be rerouted near the HP Pavilion due to the annual Silicon Valley Turkey Trot.
- VTA’s Downtown Customer Service Center at 2 North First Street and Customer Service Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and open on Friday, Nov. 25. If you need transit trip assistance, please contact VTA Customer Service at 408-321-2300, TTY only 408-321-2330.