The City of Mountain View Human Relations Commission is proud to present the second Civility Roundtable discussion. The purpose of the Roundtable is to bring a variety of people (with an affiliation to Mountain View) from varying perspectives together to discuss publically an important topic to the City. And to do so in a forum that promotes civility and decorum.
The topic of the March 22nd event is "Undocumented Workers in Mountain View" and promises to be enlightening and educational. The speaker participants are:
1) Jeff Rosen, Santa Clara County District Attorney
2) Maria Marroquin, Executive Director of the MV Day Worker Center
3) Oscar Garcia, CEO MV Chamber of Commerce
4) Don Barich, former candidate for US Congressional seat, District 15
5) Jose Antonio Vargas, Pulizer Prize winning journalist and founder of the "Define American" campaign.
The event will once again be moderated by Chris Block, CEO of the American Leadership Forum – Silicon Valley.
The format of the Civility Roundtable is unique. The participants and the moderator will sit at a round table and be surrounded 360 degrees by the audience. The event culminates in a full audience participative discussion. The goal of the event is to leave the room knowing more than when it began and to appreciate the wide variety of viewpoints. We can disagree. We do not need to be disagreeable.