Friday, Sept. 20
- The Community Health Awareness Council celebrates the grand opening of its new 3,300-square-foot building at 590 W. El Camino Real. Mountain View Mayor John Inks and the Chamber of Commerce will host the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 5:30 p.m.
- Listen to blues musician Matt Bradford at Red Rock Coffee, 201 Castro St., at 8 p.m. as he strums from his resonator guitar. Free.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- Remember the "honeymoon" phase of your relationship? Remember what it was like before the kids? Learn to relive those moments at Abundant Life Christian Fellowship's Couples Nite Out this Saturday, Sept. 21 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 2240 Leghorn St. The topic of the evening will be "To Form A More Perfect Union: Unity As God Defines It!" With guest speakers Dan and Rebecca Monroe. All married and engaged couples are welcome to attend! Cost $20. For more information or to sign up, visit:www.alcf.net/cno
- Plastic Arts and Friends perform at Red Rock Coffee, 201 Castro St., at 8 p.m. Free.
- If you love Shakespeare, you'll love Pear Avenue Theatre's The Tempest now in production until Oct. 6. For tickets and showtimes visit their website. Located at 1220 Pear Avenue, Unit K.
- Visit the Community School of Music and Arts installation sculpture by artist Tessie Barrera-Scharaga open and free to the public until Sept 29. Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Save the Date: Sunday, Sept. 29
- Community members are invited to honored Gold Star Families at the unveiling of the Gold Star Families Parking Space at the Headquarters of the 63rd Command on Sunday, Sept. 29th at 10 a.m. during National "Gold Star Mothers" Day, where the mothers of the fallen will be honored. Location: 230 R.T. Jones Rd., Moffett Field, Mountain View.